Sunday, April 12, 2015

Friendly Panda Creations
, , ,

Vector Hair Strands - Basic Tutorial

Some years ago, I've made a video tutorial on making hair strands for vector portraits. I remember finding it so much fun to do and very interesting. Often, when I am making these portraits, I really have no idea how it's gonna turn out but then I surprise myself when it comes out really beautiful. 

 

So here's the video. It's not actually a tutorial though - I just captured how I make the process for the base hair, and haven't put it into much detail.

With the pen tool set to make paths, not to make shapes, I create single curved strokes and then while holding Ctrl + Alt, I drag each stroke to duplicate it and to make multiple copies of paths. With the brush set to Opacity 100% and the second default Hard Round brush, I stroke the path and...voila!

The video shows how I copy all these to make the hair of the subject. Well, I didn't really capture how I made the rest of the hair, and wishing I did, but for the rest of the hair, I've done the same process except with varying colors and brush sizes. 

And here is how it turned out when I finished making it.

Sorry about not explaining how I made the rest of the portrait but hopefully I could make more tutorials in the near future.

Thanks for reading!




0 comments:

Post a Comment